Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Betty's Quilt of Valor

Betty made this lovely Quilt of Valor and the pictures don't do the quilt justice. the colors are just beautiful. Jan and some others in my guild started quilts like this at our Nickel Workshop in May. I hope to see their progress at our upcoming meeting in a couple weeks.


I quilted this one with Leafage by Keryn Emmerson, Lt. Leghorn PermaCore thread, and Hobbs poly batting. I didn't use Hobbs 80/20 because the batting I have for QOVs is 60" wide and this was wider than that.



I made the label, stitched it on and applied the first side of the binding. Betty will hand stitch the other side.

2 comments:

JudyL said...

I like that panto! I'm almost afraid to order another of Keryn's pantos. Once I put them on, I can't seem to take them off! Beautiful quilting Ruthie.

Penny said...

Are there any openings left for the Oct. retreat?