Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Roberta's Quilts



I finished the first of 4 quilts from Roberta. Her mother pieced them and she wants them quilted to give to her 4 daughters. What a wonderful heirloom for them.



I gave her a couple of price options and she chose pantographs. I did think for a bit that I might go ahead and do light custom and charge her for the less expensive quilting. Do you ever do that? Now that I've got first one finished, I will do the rest in a similar manner.



Hobbs Poly batting, Permacore Eggshell thread and Fay Feathers panto.

3 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful quilting! Super!

Pat

Mel said...

STUNNING!! My goodness - the blocks as well as the quilting are breathtaking!!

Mimi said...

Oh that is beautiful. I have heard my quilter mention that she would rather quilt a quilt in the way that it needs to be quilted especially since her "name" is associated with the quilting. She refuses to do little quilting on a quilt that require a lot of quilting, etc. She even barters if she wants to do something special when the quilt owner cannot afford what the quilt requires.