I showed this at guild on Wednesday and we washed it tonight and it's on our bed. There were 13 of us in this row-by-row and I may have said this before, but I didn't realize we were all going to make a row for everyone. When I've been in row-by-rows before with lots of peope, we just made rows for say, the next 6 or 7 on the list. So I may not have made rows for the same people as my other friends did. Anyway, I love how this turned out. I ended up with three 6" rows, which I took apart to fit around the dresden plates Janet made. I had five 8" rows and took one of them apart to use as corner stones for the 8" round. I had four 12" rows and took them apart and used sone of the leftover pieces in my tote to make them the correct size.
A closer look at the quilting:
Most of my fabrics are batiks or hand dyes, with a few regular cottons.
And the backing.
I quilted this with Bountiful Feathers after much deliberation. Lava thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting.