Thursday, October 24, 2013

Amish With A Twist II

One of our customers here at The National Group sent me a photo of a quilt this past summer and said this is the next quilt he wanted me to make for him. The Little scrap Quilt Shop in Kokomo did a program for our guild shortly after that and they had one of these tops finished. They also had just one kit left. I purchased the kit and took it with me to Old Tippe's Quilt Retreat in September. It was missing some fabric, so I packed it away and worked on some other projects. They sent the missing fabrics and I got a  started on it at home.




I had everything cut out and took it with me to Shipshewana last week, where I worked on it for over 29 hours Thursday-Sunday. The top was finished a little before 10AM Sunday. Whew!!!

I loaded it and quilted it on Monday evening and applied the binding Tuesday and Wednesday evenings while watching some TV.

Bountiful Feathers is the quilting design, Lite Tan Omni thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting. He is coming to pick it up tomorrow and I hope he loves it as much as I do.

4 comments:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

I think he'll love it. You sure worked hard on this quilt. I hope he appreciates all of your hard work and effort. Blessings.

Melinda said...

I saw this quilt while I was in Las Vegas this summer and signed up for it as a BOM. I haven't started it yet but month 5 just arrived.

Jennifer said...

Fantastic Ruthie! It looks even better with the quilting you chose.

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning. So glad I got to see it up close. You really will have it for him this week. Congrats.