Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snowflakes & Charity Quilts

We got a few inches of snow here in Indiana and I just love the first snow of the year.

I've been working on snow in my sewing room also, well snowflakes anyway. I just joined the Stashbusters Yahoo Group and am happy to report that I used my stash for the background of this quilt. Not to waste anything, I used the cutouts from the snowflakes to make more snowflakes.

Last night I quilted this charity quilt for one of my guild members. A local church is opening the Vision of Hope Center for unwed mothers and they have asked for purple quilts. Our guild members have stepped up and made many purple quilts. I made one myself and this one is the second I have quilted. The top is all batiks and this is the first time I have tried to quilt batiks on Mabel. The back is flannel and super soft. I have used the pantograph Popcorn on several quilts, but this is by far the nicest looking of them all.


Karen (Misiz C) said...

Popcorn is one of my favorite pantos to quilt. It's great for "absorbing" the fullness that sometimes happens. ;c)

Welcome to blogging. It will be fun to follow the progress of your snowflake quilt.

Marilyn R said...

Welcome to blog land. I have only been blogging for a few months and have had lots of fun doing it. Your Snowflake quilt is beautiful.

Ruthie said...

Thanks for the welcome karen and marilyn. I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs of blogging. I'm not sure if I have the email thing right, yet.