Sunday, July 18, 2010

Popcorn x 3

You can never have enough popcorn, right?

Janet brought 2 baby quilts and I thought Popcorn by Jodi Beamish would be perfect for both of them. She brought a batting for one, but the 2nd one I used Hobbs 80/20. PermaCore thread for both.
The first one is like the pink ones that I made. She used guild nickel swap fabrics for the blues and whites and had the scotties die-cut at Threads of Time in Danville when we were there.





This one was a panel which she added black borders to.




And the back:


Then I loaded and quilted a charity quilt for Old Tippe Guild for the women's shelter. This quilt had some really strange fabrics and I used a poly batting, so the quilt didn't grab the batting at all, it just floated on top.



I used MagnaGlide prewound bobbins for all 3 of these and I like them. Just look at all the new colors they have....I'll be placing an order for more colors. They will send you a sample pack to try if you tell them what kind of machines you have.

1 comment:

vivian said...

Popcorn is a great pattern-looks good on any quilt! Love the scotties!