Sunday, December 5, 2010

Threads of Time Retreat

Janet, Dottie and I drove over to Danville, IL to the Threads and Beds Retreat Center and I got some holiday sewing done. I think I accomplished quite a bit in the short time we were there.

First up was my JudyL mystery quilt that still needed some borders. It always amazes me how much time it takes to pin on and sew borders. I finished this up a little before midnight on Friday. Dottie finished a charity quilt that she was making for our guild.



Got 6+ hours of sleep and the first thing on my agenda was to use up the extra nine patches. I'm not sure what will become of them, but as of now it's just 12" x 12"



Then I made a bag for Elizabeth to hold her tea set (that she's getting for Christmas) and I used the same fabric to make her an apron and one for her dolly, too. Dottie made a really cute apron, but I didn't get a picture of it.



A hooded towel for her dolly was my next project.



Then I added ribbing to these tea towels to make bibs.



Janet wanted to learn how to make pillowcases, so I made 5 of them and I think she ended up making 6, or maybe even more. I took along my serger for the bibs and pillowcases, which made both projects much easier. (I think Janet wants a Serger now!)



Finally, it was time to get out the Go Cutter. I had taken some leftovers from a bag project last year at Christmas and used the tumbler die. It probably took me about 20 minutes to cut them out and the top was finished by about 11:30pm.



I figured I could start something else before turning in so I cut out two of these fabric napkins, just to see if they looked OK. Janet wasn't quite ready for bed, so I stayed up with her until 12:15 and then finally said good night! (Thanks for the great tutorial Lynn!)



Another good nights sleep and I cut out the rest of the napkins and stitched them up.

I pulled another project out of my bag and started sewing a UFO together. It's still in rows and is now on my design wall, waiting for tomorrow's post.

We looked and looked for a Blockbuster to get a cup of coffee!

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job!! I love how productive every one is on retreats! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

You sure accomplished a lot! Love how your mystery quilt turned out!