Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Design Wall Tuesday



Yep, It's Tuesday, and I'm just posting my design wall. Here's a nice closeup of one of the blocks from a few weeks ago with some applique pieces on it. I have border fabric ordered from Hancocks of Paducah and it should be here later this week. Then I can get it quilted.



The bias stems have Steam-a-Seam ironed on the back side and I purchased a heat resistant piece of plastic at Joanns, traced the shape of the stem and cut that part away. So, I could lay my stem down in the cut away part and iron it down without tracing on my block or using some other method. This idea worked pretty well for me, but that plastic does get very hot so you have to move your fingers quickly.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice block....great idea with the plastic cut away...

Vicki W said...

What a great idea and a beautiful block.