Monday, July 30, 2012

Catching Up On The Blog!

Janet reminded me today that it's been almost a week since I posted and I don't know where the time goes.

Since I was here last, I made 9 blocks for Quiltmaker's Block Party in Williamsburg, Virginia. Unfortunately, I won't be attending, but my blocks will be there. I was given the color palette, Americana and these are the fabrics I pulled from my stash:

I got to chose a block from one of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks issues. I chose  from the first issue. I have kept one and the other eight were mailed to Quiltmaker. After the blocks are exchanged, I will receive 8 different Americana blocks back.

I'm not sure why I didn't put mine up there also, but I didn't. Dan came into the sewing room as I was packaging them up. He said I needed some in-progress shots for the blog and he took these.
The bottom right photo was taken a while back at the beginning of my weight loss, that's me on the right. I have lost almost 30 pounds so far. When I saw the photos that Dan took, I knew I needed something to compare them to. Quite a difference, I'd say!


Another project for Quiltmaker is in the works and these are my very pretty Robert Kaufman 1930's prints:


They are all cut up and I started piecing this evening.

1 comment:

janetsue2 said...

Way to go on all counts! Quilt blocks and weight loss. You did good.