Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pam's Neutrals

Pam saw this quilt at a quilt show and purchased the kit. She wanted it quilted exactly like the sample, which was stippled.

Yikes, it's 96 x 77 so that's 7,392 square inches of 1/4" quilting, which adds up to almost 6,000 yards of thread.

Here's the whole quilt, which doesn't really catch my eye:

It's when you start to see it up closer that you can see how stunning it really is.


Here I am starting the last row and I told Dan that it was time for a glass of wine. By the shine in my eyes, you might think I had finished off an entire bottle, but that's not the case.

Here's a really closeup.
Each row took a full bobbin and about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that's a lot of tight stippling! Aren't you due to work on one of your own quilts soon? ;)

Kate said...

What a fabulous job you did on that quilt! Bravo! You deserve that glass of wine, and then some!