Friday, June 7, 2013

Quilts For Kids

Last month at the Sew and Meet, I taught them how to make sudoku quilts. Cathy had packets of 4.5" squares and a completed Sudoku puzzle all made up to they just picked a packet and were ready to start sewing.

I worked on the brown batiks at the Sew and Meet. The red quilt was one I started at home and I had each step completed for demonstration purposes. So, when I got home after the sewing day it was easy to finish that one, too.
 They both have Popcorn panto and a gold Omni thread. The batting is one that I'm not fond of. I purchased a roll of seconds from Quilters Dream to use for charity quilting and it is very firm, like a heavy fleece. I imagine it would make a great wall hanging batting, but I don't get a lot of wall hanging charity projects.
There will be a Quilts For Kids Sew & Meet tomorrow, June 8th at Bethany Presbyterian Church from 9-4, if you're in the are and would like to join us.