We had 10" of snow here last Sunday and then on Monday and Tuesday the temperatures were way below zero. Purdue University and The National Group was closed for business, so that meant snow days for us.
I still considered myself and Mabel on vacation, so I didn't do any customer quilting, although I could have gotten a lot done. Instead, I rearranged my sewing room so that I could see my new flat screen TV (Christmas gift from Dan. Thanks honey!)
While rearranging and sorting through things, I came across a bunch of little projects that I thought I could whip out really quick.
This I-Spy quilt just needed the small yellow borders attached. They were all cut and ready to go. I wonder why I didn't do that before?
These pillowcases were ready to stitch together too, so I got out the serger and they were finished just like that and they are ready to donate.
On Facebook, one of my friends shared this idea.
What is it you might ask? It's a room heater, made with tea light candles, a meatloaf pan and clay pots. My sewing room doesn't have a furnace vent and it gets really cold in there. After having this going for several hours, the temperature was 2 degrees warmer than the living room. Pretty amazing! Here's how to make one.
I also spent quite a bit of time playing Candy Crush, that dreaded time-sucker that I love! I posted on Facebook asking my friends how many levels they passed during the snow days. My friend Peggy said she was assembling her row-by-row quilt. Oops, I forgot about that quilt, which is to be shown at this month's guild meeting on January 15th. Yikes!!! I had barely even looked at my rows since we finished passing them months ago.
I decided on the sashing fabric and was auditioning the borders here. I'll show you the whole thing after the meeting next Wednesday.
For those of you that might not know what a row-by-row is…
There were 7 quilters in our group and we each supplied our own fabrics, made the first row and put them into a tote. Each person selected a block to use to make their rows. So, I made the same row of blocks, just used a different quilters fabrics each month.
Here are some of the rows I made: