Friday, August 21, 2015

Another Eat, Play, Sleep, Repeat Quilt

Last night was the Bingo Extravaganza and I'm happy to report that the baby quilt basket brought them $130. More would have been nice, but I know that someone who wanted it placed the winning bid. So yea! Success!

Here is the second of these Moda quilts. This one is for Kaison in Colorado.



I quilted it with Here Comes The Sun panto and Omni gray thread.

I made burp cloths to match

And a taggie blanket.

It wasn't until I took the final photos of this quilt that I realized the 't' in repeat is lined up with the top of the 'a' rather than the bottom of the 'a'.

The package has been received and is well liked.  When I mentioned it to Mandy, she replied, "My grandmother always said nothing is ever perfect and she made a small mistake in every quilt she made. It makes this quilt so much more special." That made me feel pretty good."

Here's the backing, which I love, although Dan didn't care for it. (and Dottie agreed with him!)







2 comments:

Mimi said...

Well, I love this quilt..even the funky backing.

janetsue2 said...

I love both of the quilts you made! I also like the lower "t" because babies are always changing their schedules so every time they do something again it's a little different. So had you not said why it was off that's what I would've thought!