Friday, August 14, 2015

Sunshine Baby Gift Basket

Lafayette Transitional Housing is holding their annual BINGO and Auction Extravaganza on August 20th. I have donated a quilt to this event several times and was always suprised at how little they made on a quilt in the auction. This year, I thought I would try something a little different and I put together this basket of handmade items for a baby.

First is the quilt, which is small, only 36 x 43, but cute as can be. The pattern can be found at Moda Bakeshop.

Next are the cute coordinating burp cloths. These are made by stitching 3 fabric strips together and sewing them to a pre-folded diaper. I like to give these to a new mother along with a baby quilt.


How cute are these little bibs? I found a pattern online, but can't find it again. All I printed out was the cutting page, so if I make them again I will probably try to find the original pattern. The backs of these are washcloths, so nice and absorbent.


Then I used my serger to make these cute receiving blankets. They are about 36" square, so not even a yard of fabric. You could make these any size you want.


I had to include a taggie blanket for baby to play with. These are fun to make and I just happened to have a leftover piece of gray minkee for the back.


The bath mitt and baby wash were from the Dollar Tree and I bought the basket and the letters at Michaels. A little Gorrilla Glue to attache the letters and there you have it.


A very cute item for their auction.


 Tickets are on sale now for this event here. You will also be able to bid on items online. So, buy your tickets or register for online bidding if you would like to have this cute Sunshine Baby Gift Basket.


4 comments:

Lindah said...

Cute! Cute! And useful for mom and baby.
I will be interested to hear how the basket does at auction.
Last year, I made a pretty baby quilt. Auction organizer put it in a basket along with a couple of onesies and a few toys, etc. Not one bid on the basket. None. I was really surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be, considering the economy. The bazaar that went the fastest were the junkier, used items. We will try the basket again this year and see what happens.

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous basketful. Love the colour scheme you have used. I hope it does well at the auction.

Rebecca said...

That's quite a basket! It should do well, and I hope it does. It would make a terrific gift for an expectant mother, and that's a modern color scheme there.

Bonnie said...

Very cute. I really like your quilt(s). Thanks for giving the source.