This has been a really long week for me.
The company I work for let 2 people go this week due to the economy. One was from my department and that means we are working hard at trying to keep up. The other was from a department that we fill in for, so that makes it doubly stressful.
I sure hope things turn around soon!
Last night I quilted the Purdue wall hanging and as you can see, I decided to do rays from the gold block. They are certainly not equally spaced, but from a galloping horse, it looks great. I'll try to take another photo in some natural light, as my sewing room always give things an amber tint.
I used Superior Monopoly on top and a prewound cream in the bobbin, Warm & Natural batting. I thought very briefly about doing some of my newly learned feathers in the outer border, but decided that would make it look a little too formal. The piecing design and the quilting in the center are both so angular that I thought beadboard would work for the border and I like it!
Here's the latest from my feather class, which I did before the Purdue wall hanging: