Last night was Old Tippe guild - the business meeting and show 'n tell. There wasn't a lot of show 'n tell, so the meeting wasn't very long. There was a Quilt Show Committee Meeting afterwards, so I still got home at about the same time. I did get all the papers off the paper pieced blocks from yesterday while I was at the meeting.
When I arrived home, I got them all sewn together for Lisa's row-by-row. It turned out really nice. The pattern is at Quilters Cache and is called Duck Tracks.
The second second thing I worked on is this block, Pinwheel #8, from Quilters Cache also, is a presidents block for our outgoing president at Common Threads. Our meeting is tonight so it's a good thing I got it finished. This pattern is one that I tested for Marcia a while back. I needed an 8" finished block, so I put the pieces together and trimmed each of the quarter blocks to 4.5" and then sewed them together. A great way to decrease the size of this block.
EDIT: This shows how I cut the block segments. Of course, the ones that I did last night were not already sewn together as this block is, but they were in 4 segments. I laid the 4.5" ruler on top and aligned the 2.25 mark directly in the center of the intersecting triangles. I made sure that my corners were square with the seams and trimmed.