Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Done, and done!

I quilted this QOV on Sunday and applied the binding last night after I quilted Shelley's baby quilt. The binding was done Sharon Schamber's way with fabric glue and then stitch in the ditch on the front. The center of this quilt was made by Linda and she donated it for a QOV. I added the borders, the freedom and flag at the top.



The panto is Stars and Loops, which I haven't used in forever. I think I can almost do this one with my eyes closed. The thread is PermaCore chambray and the batting is Hobbs 80/20. I had a bit of an issue with skipped stitches and think it was because the backing was permapress muslin from Joanns and it has quite a tight weave, and the blue mottled seems like it has a lot of sizing on it and it wasn't prewashed. I changed to a smaller needle and then it worked like a dream.



And the back:




I loaded and quilted this cute, cute baby quilt for Shelley, using the Square Spiral panto by Keryn Emmerson, Lave blue thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting.




And the back:

No comments: