Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard Day #2

I worked yesterday until almost 5:00 and then made my way home to watch this monster storm arrive. I loaded the Rhapsody in Bloom Table Runner and quilted it....checking outside often....waiting for all that snow to arrive.



It didn't take me any time at all to quilt this little thing with continuous curves and some wonky feathers on the ends. Warm & White batting and Eggshell Permacore thread.





We didn't get nearly as much snow as was expected, about 4-6 inches, but we got lots of sleet and it took me a while this morning to get out of the driveway. Once I was on the street, it was fine.

Kudos to the Lafayette Street Department, as my way to work was cleared very well.

Only 2 of our employees didn't make it in to work today, hopefully, they can make it in safely tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful feathers in your quilting.

Carole said...

Nice quilting! Thanks for sharing!

ForestJane said...

Wish I could afford to send you my quilting to do! Very nice work there. :)

LuAnn said...

We have about 2 inches of ice on our driveway. Tomorrow we chip away at the buildup in front of the garage doors so we can put sand on the sloped part to get some traction. Your feathers are beautiful.

Quilts And Pieces said...

No sleet for us thankfully, but we got 20" of snow!