Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Odds and Ends

My Valentine's Day rose:


I finished my sweatshirt jacket last night and I must say that it looks much better on my co-worker Margaret than it does on me. The sleeves are SHORT, even though I added a 1" binding to them, they could have used 2" at least. Maybe the cuffs could have been re-attached? The jacket itself is rather short, but I guess not too bad. I will probably be making another one of these, maybe not so scrappy next time.




Here is Jane's row-by-row. I made two inch 4-ptch posie blocks and put them on point.



Can you guess what this is?

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Don't know if you used a ladies or mens sweatshirt, but I have found that a lot of times the ladies sweatshirt sleeves will be too short, whereas a mens shirt has longer sleeves. I usually use a mens sweatshirt for that reason. It is also longer in the body.

LuAnn said...

Pretty rose. I think that last photo is of some leftover ice from our last storm.

Ruthie said...

The photo was taken from inside my car when i went out to start it.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Jacket is cute. I sometimes make the sleeve 3/4 length.

ForestJane said...

I wanted to see that sweatshirt closer up. :)