Friday, August 19, 2011

Is there a frog in my studio?


Finally, this quilt is finished. I haven't had a chance to take a photo of the entire quilt, but will do that today. I can't believe this took me all week. I loaded it on Sunday and quilted part of the first border. I stopped because I didn't think it was going to work. Left it for a couple hours and came back and finished that border, quilting feathers into the setting triangles. My machine has an 18" throat and I couldn't get from the border edge of the feathers into the setting triangle withough advancing the quilt. Oh, I should have stopped when I had to do that the first time. But, oh no, not me, I kept on quilting and it wasn't until I got to the end and advanced the quilt only to find out that I was going to have to advance the quilt in each of the blocks also. So, after a call to my customer, I started clipping stitches on the backing. Dan couldn't believe that I was going to do that. I was on a mission and I thought that I could take out all the stitches and reload the quilt and quilt it with a panto in as much time as it would take me to continue the way I was, with all that back and forth advancing...........I was wrong, it took me about 13 hours of frogging Sunday and Monday. Tuesday we had relatives from out of town, so I didn't quilt much. Wednesday was quilt guild and I did quilt after guild a bit, but was in bed before 10pm. Last night I finished it and I think it looks great.
The whole quilt:

2 comments:

Kelli said...

gorgeous!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

It does look great! And what a lot of work pulling all those stitches out. Yikes!