Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Carole's Los Dias de los Muentos



Carole called me a few weeks ago and asked if I could do a quilt that she needed back by the end of November. I said sure! she wanted a saying embroidered on one of the borders and I said sure! She said be prepared, it's not like anything I've ever made before and she wasn't kidding!



Well, when the quilt arrived I got the saying embroidered and then did a google search to see what it meant since I don't know Spanish. Day of the Dead is what it means.



I decided that there was SO much going on that I would do a panto. I choose Ribbon Twirl to represent the celebration and I imagine them as ribbons being twirled about.



I believe this is for a guild challenge and maybe she drew this one and had to come up with something. Hope she likes it. I do love this Lava Colorburst thread on the backing fabric.

No comments: