Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dora Flannel

On Friday I got an email saying that the Blue Star Mothers group was providing some Christmas for 2 children who's dad is deployed. One of them is a four year old girl who likes Dora and her mom asked for a blanket. Well, I didn't have any Dora fabric, but Joann's did and it is flannel, so it's very, very soft. I assembled the top on Friday evening and loaded it and started the quilting. I finished the quilting last night and did the binding today. Then, I decided that she needed a pillowcase to match. They are both washed, dried and ready to go the the Blue Star Moms Cookie Brigade this evening.




I baked about 8 dozen cookies this morning to take also. I didn't mix them, just took them out of the plastic tubs and baked them. I do just love those fundraising tubs of cookie dough.

5 comments:

Gari in AL said...

I really like your flannel quilt. I did two of them (grandson and great grandson) and smiled all the way through. they are rag quilts and the last one is in the washer right now.

Mimi said...

What a sweet quilt and pillowcase. You are one special lady.

Lindah said...

Bless you, Ruthie!

QuiltSue said...

Woww, there's going to be one very happy little girl in your neighbourhood soon.

fiberobsession said...

Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to treat someone like this? Great job!