Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quilts from his shirts

Dottie made these quilts and pillow tops for Diana, who lost her husband. She did a great job and I'm sure they will be a wonderful comfort to her children. She chose Stars and Loops pantograph and I used Hobbs 80/20 batting. The backing is denim, so they are quite heavy.










Here are 7 table runners that Carolyn made. She had the backing and batting cut for each of them. I stitched the backings together and loaded them all at once, floating each table runner as it's backing advanced. She's all set for Christmas.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That is a wonderful idea to make shirts for each of the children. And to have a head start on Christmas is another wonderful thing.

You Go Girl..........

Vicki H. said...

Love the quilts and table runners. I have had the idea to load multiple runners but haven't. I am new to long arm quilting, how did you do it? Every use spray basting on the long arm projects? I have tried floating scraps on the side of the quilt and it nests on the bottom. Any advice would be appreciated.