Wednesday, January 26, 2011

That's What Friends Are For!

A few years ago I purchased a little kit for a mini Dresden Plate quilt for $14.99 while on a Shop Hop with my guild. Months later I opened up the package and saw the size of the plates. They were tiny!!! No bigger than an inch.

Talking to my friend Janet about it, she said she would love to have it. So, I handed it over to her and wished her well. Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped it at Christmas this year. She had stitched all those little plates and sewn them down to the background, and she even quilted it. The only thing I had left to do was the binding. See that 3.5" ruler!



I finished up the binding while at the Indianapolis Airport during our 6 hour delay.

Isn't it cute?


Thank you Janet!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

How cute; and how lucky for you that she gave it back to you completed.

Teri said...

Those are so cute! What I great idea. i actually never thought to make anything like this.
Maybe I can get someone to make one for me to!

Granny said...

That is so cute. She must really love you!

Cheryl Willis said...

when you re-gift back to her next christmas do you think she will be suprised?