Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Do you make new year's resolutions?  I guess I usually don't, but this year my new years resolution is to finish at least one UFO each month..

I'm going to start the year off and do a customer quilt and then one of my own. I have so many quilts ready to be quilted that it's not even funny. Maybe I'll count them this week, just so I have a good idea.

They say that what you do on New Year's Day is what you will do for the year. Well, I certainly hope not because I spent most of the day working on this quilt and if I have to quilt quilts like this all year, I'm quitting the quilting business!

I was trying to remember the story behind this one and I believe the owner's mother pieced the center and she added the corner squares and triangles and also the borders. These pictures tell the story pretty well.
The same area after quilting:



Thank goodness she didn't want to spend a lot because I don't think I could have done custom on this one.
I used a high loft poly batting and Omni thread. It's finished and I'm on to the next quilt of mine.

9 comments:

Vicky said...

You did a remarkable job on that ruffled quilt! Your customer should be pleased! Good job!

Marlene said...

You have done an amazing job. Can understand how you do not want a year of those quilts.

Jennifer said...

Wow, you were a miracle worker on that quilt! Good luck with getting to all (or many) of yours!

Mimi said...

I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open. I am not sure I could have taken that one on. You did do an amazing job on it. I am impressed.

Claudia said...

wow.....that was fantastic ! Good Job.

Valerie said...

Amazing finish for that one! Proof you really can "quilt that out" but it does take talent. Fantastic job and someone now has a cherished quilt.

fiberobsession said...

I surely don't envy you on that one! Congrats on getting it done.

Wonky Girl said...

Just catching up on blog reading and my jaw dropped when I saw this quilt top. Wow, you must have quilted many quilts to know how to fix that blompy mess. Wish I could have watched the magic happen.

Vic in NH said...

What a mess of puckers you had to deal with. And it came out sooooooo beautifully! You are a wizard.