Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Dan and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Elaine and Jerry's home in Columbus, Ohio, along with Jeff and Dané, my grandson Matt, and my ex-husband Jack. The first order of business was the wedding quilt. They were pleased with it, I think and I was certainly proud.

The actual dinner was yummy. Elaine and Dané are wonderful cooks and we were all stuffed when we got up from the table and the pumpkin-walnut pie had to wait for several hours before we had room to enjoy it with some coffee.

Here's Jeff, Dané, and her parents

Jeff, Dané, and Jeff's Dad, Jack

I gave Elaine the Christmas Star table runner that I finished the binding on in the car on the way to their house. It looked just perfect on their table.

Saying goodbye is always hard for me, so we made a rather speedy exit before I really let the tears fall.

Thank you Jerry, Elaine, Jeff, and Dané for a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Delighted Hands said...

Hellos are so much more enjoyable! The table runner is stellar! Great work!

carol said...

The quilt and table runner are so pretty!! Looks like everyone had a great time.