Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Week


What a wonderful way to start my birthday week. This lovely jewelry box was waiting for me when I got home from the baby shower last Saturday. It is from Jeff and DanĂ© and what a lovely gift. The poem is so touching....”the nights you stayed awake” would be when he was awake with an ear infection, and let me tell you, there were many of those night between the 2 boys. They both had many ear infections, but Julie never did, that I can remember. Wind Beneath My Wings is the tune that it plays and it brings tears to my eyes when I hear it.

This morning I opened these wonderful new toys. Dan called yesterday from a quilt shop in Noblesville, Always in Stitches, and asked if there was anything he could pick up for me. Well, I bent my old walking foot a while back and although it still works, it will be nice to have a new straight one, and the light is something that my friends had at the Ross Camp retreat and I have been wanting one.


EDIT: Oh, Look, I got flowers this afternoon.
BUT, I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE FROM!I also got to talk to Jeff in Afghanistan today.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday!
Enjoy your gifts!

Judy Laquidara said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lindah said...

How lovely! --all of those special treats. And the special call from Afghanistan!
Happy Birthday, Ruthie!

Deb Geyer said...

Happy Birthday from here too!!