Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Giraffe is Quilted!

This one is a free pattern from Red Rooster called, "Folk Tale Friends."

Now, I just have to decide who it's for and if I want to make another one just like it. I need 2 baby boy quilts soon, so here's one of them.



The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and the thread is PermaCore Dyed Natural. I pondered over what to do in the center of this quilt for days and finally decided that straight line quilting and SID around the applique would look good. And I really like it! Swirls in the narrow border and terry twists in the outer border squares.



Oops, looks like some of them got cut off. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be that noticable after it's washed and dried.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Ruthie, that is an adorable quilt.

Lindah said...

Ohh, I like your little quilt. It looks sharp right down to the quilting and binding. Lucky baby to receive such a cut quilt.

Gina said...

It's gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Granny said...

Ruthie, that's so cute!

fiberobsession said...

So cute! I've put that on my list to make. Thanks for the link to the pattern. Since putting my slideshow on my blog of WiP's, I found another drawer full.