Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vicci's Scrappy Star Blocks

Continuous curves should be the name of this post.... How many are there? I have no idea, but there's a lot. It's kind of like those optical illusion games you see where you are asked, "How many triangles do you see?"

Anyway, I got ahead of myself with Mary's quilt post earlier because I actually finished this one early this morning.

One of the main reasons I have my blog is to keep track of quilts that I do and patterns that I use. I almost always have labels on my posts and that makes searching pretty easy. When Vicci brought this quilt, she said she would like it done like one I did a while back for her friend Patty. So, I searched my blog and found this post. Continuous curves it is! I'm not sure what the sashing design is called, but it's one I can do so there you have it.



The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and the thread is So Fine



I really like how the back looks!

10 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Did you do that freehand or use a template? I, too, love the back: so neat. but that's a lot of curves.

Ruthie said...

I did it freehand and figured out how to go from one side to the other including the sashing with one start and stop.

fiberobsession said...

The sashing is called egg and dart and it looks great.

QuiltSue said...

It's beautiful. If it was my quilt I think I'd have trouble knowing which way up to display it as the back is every bit as lovely as the front.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful quilt front and back. So much wonderful workmanship!

Pat

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt!

Mel said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Sandy Panagos said...

I did not know the sashing is "egg and dart." Thanks for that, fiberobsession! I do know it's an old one -- I have it in cardboard. LOL Inherited it from my mother! Ruthie, it's gorgeous. And I love how Vicci put all those different blocks together inside those stars. Beautiful!

julieQ said...

I love the texture in your quilt! The back is every bit as lovely as the front.

Christina said...

I really love this.