Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Carole's Quilts

I quilted 3 quilts for Carole this week. She will be returning to Maryland on Saturday and I have enjoyed spending some time with her this week. I always enjoy quilting for her and this week was no exception.

First is a quilt for her daughter who collects gnomes. She put this together at our retreat last weekend and I'll admit when she first started putting up fabric on the design wall, I wasn't so sure about it. But, not to worry it turned out great.



Just a simple meander over most of it and a wiggly echo around the big gnome.



Hobbs 80/20 batting and Omni taupe thread. I am pretty happy with this new thread by Superior. It's very similar to PermaCore, which has been my standard thread. A little cheaper than PermaCore, which is good.

The backing is as wonderful as the front.



The next one is just 100" of African fabric.



I quilted it with a panto, Lime Tree, after trying to outline the ribbons. Over an hour got me only 2/3 of the way across the short side of this one. I spent 2 hours taking that stitching out and then another 2 hours quilting the entire thing.



The back has 2 different fabrics.


Tonight I did some quilting on this Oriental quilt. She only wanted parts of it quilted and so that's what I did. The sky, the volcano, the trees and the grass. I really like the sky and the grass. The other parts, so-so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilting is always so nice!

Andee said...

I just have to say I LOVE the gnome quilt!