Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quilt of Valor and my last Row-by-Row


I had the honor of attending the presentation of a Quilt of Valor to a wounded Marine yesterday at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds. It was one that I quilted and it did my heart good to see this young man and his family accept it.


I will be turning over my last row-by-row this evening and I must say that this has been one very long row-by-row. We ended up with 13 or 14 people and I thought we were only going to do the next 6 or 7 people on our lists, but we ended up doing all of them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to put together 14 rows, but I'll give it my best shot.

Here's Shelly's row that I made:

2 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

I have an idea on how to set 14 sets of 6 row by row- (if you do a little ripping)

basic idea is based on a log cabin

14 x 6 = 84 make a grid 9 x 9 (81)the three left over blocks can be on the back.

on the grid start at the top left corner and work to the right, mark the first six boxes with the #1 then go to the #2 to finish the row and continue down the right side for a total of six #2, then start with # 3 and continue to the bottom left and place the sixth #3 to the left and continue left on the bottom w/#4 etc.. continue till you get to the middle and end w/#14

now asign a number to each ROW

start in the middle with two # 14
add a 14 &13 and sew to the bottom.
then take two #13 and sew to the right side, then three #13 across the top, three #12 down the left side, three 12 & one 11 on the bottom etc as you travel back around following your grid.

you can assign any number to any row and get a good result. go lights to dark, block to block, colors to color what ever catches your eye when you lay them out.

OR just make two tops 6 x 7.
you can always send them to me to play with- lol good luck cw

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love that quilt of valor you are presenting! Way to go!