Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cindy's Blueberry Fudge Ripple

Cindy made this lovely quilt for her daughter-in-law....how lucky is she. She also customized pillow shams to match. It's actually called Raspberry Fudge Ripple, but since it's blue, I renamed it for my blog.



She wanted it quilted just like the pattern showed, which is stitch in the ditch, lots of it! Look how the straight stitching creates this star.



I purchased the stencil the pattern designer used, but after trying it out, I decided that I didn't like it, spent about 4 hours taking the stitching out and went with my easy-peasy bumpy feathers.



3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

well the feathers look wonderful..nice job.

Jennifer said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great quilting and I love the star!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love the stars in the quilting! And I really have to learn and practice feathers and leaves... sigh :)