Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Paper Piecing, Row-By-Row and Doll Clothes

Last Thursday I led a group of quilters in Frankfort at L&S Fish Sew-N-Vac in their first adventure in paper piecing. Paper piecing is one of those things that you either LOVE or HATE. Of the 6 that were there only one HATED it. So much so that she left after 15 minutes. Made me feel really bad :(

Here is my project, ready for quilting. I think I will buy a hanger from Ackfield Wire to display it. If you haven't checked out their quilt hangers, you should do it now. They have great products!

The other 5 quilters finished the top of their piece and had every intention of taking it home to finish the rest of it.  The block is Desert Lily by Caroline Reardon, Block #248 from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 3.

Last weekend I worked on Judy's Row-By-Row and I am happy with the result. We each picked a block to use and mine is a double square-in-a-square. The blocks are 8" and the sashing strips finish  just shy of 1.375. Here are all three of her rows so far and mine is on the left. She asked for the yellow to be used as a background.
And last but not least, a set of PJ's for Liz's American Girl doll, Julie. I intended to do these for her birthday but they got buried in the sewing room. I'll probably keep them for a while as she doesn't play with Julie as much as she does Lily. You may remember that Lily got some clothes for Christmas last year.

That's what has been keeping me busy lately, when I'm not quilting with Mabel.

2 comments:

fiberobsession said...

Don't feel bad about her leaving. I despise paper piecing and can totally understand her departure. I'm sure it had nothing to do with you. Every time I am instructed, by several different people and techniques, after just a few minutes I'm ready to run.

Jennifer said...

Glad you are finding time to work on the other projects!