Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sharon's Swoon

This beautiful quilt made by Sharon had me sitting and staring for along time. I searched high and low on Google for some ideas and finally settled on some of the quilting designs from Linda at The Quilted Pineapple. 

I quilted continuous curves and straight lines like she did, but did a curvy feather meander in the background.

I had a bit of an issue at the beginning. I'm not sure how, but the thread jumped out of the tension disk. It looked beautiful on top, but the back looked like this:

So, some stitching had to come out and be re-stitched.
Hope she likes it.

3 comments:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Looks great Ruthie. Love the quilting patterns and the quil. Blessings.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I have to find that swoon pattern. I've been seeing this quilt all over and love it! I loved what the quilted pineapple did too.

fiberobsession said...

You've done a beautiful job on this.