Monday, December 30, 2013

BSM quilts

My Blue Star Mothers group came together to provide Christmas for a Monticello family. These boys lost their dad in Afghanistan and are living with their grandparents.

I offered to make lap quilts for them and I picked out the fabrics, two that like fishing and one that likes police cars, another Blue Star Mother, Rose, started piecing the strips and she made the pillowcases.

I finished the centers and added borders, quilted and bound them.





Police car pillowcase


There isn't a lot of police car fabric out there, but I did find this fleece for the backing.


Fishing Quilt #1 - not a very good photo :(


And pillowcase

Fishing Quilt #2


Pillowcase #2

Both fishing quilts have the same flannel backing.


Makes me feel good to know that I helped provide a family some gifts to give them comfort and keep them warm.

Thanks to Mary for this great pattern: Quick Strippie


No comments: