Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice, Part 5

No, you haven't missed anything.

This is the first time I've posted about this Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.

I got a good bit of Part 5 done yesterday after we returned home from Kentucky. All the pieces are cut out, most of the wings are on and I expect to finish it up tonight.
These are Bonnie's colors:

I usually make quilts in bright colors, but not this time. These are my fabrics:


I wanted a warm looking, brown, red and gold quilt. I'm a bit concerned that the browns and reds are too close, but we'll see. The fabric in the lower right, was my inspiration and will probably be a small border, or binding.


6 comments:

Andee said...

looking great so far!

JoT said...

It's going to be a beauty - love your palette!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Lovely colors, and it will be a glowing quilt.

Mimi said...

Well, if you don't like it Ruthie, those are my colors. I think it will turn out great.

Claudia Duke said...

I think you colors are lovely. It will be fun to see how all of the quilts look when they are finished, especially the ones done in colors that differ from Bonnie's colors.

Mystery Quilts Anonymous said...

I love your color choices!