Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Julie's Minkee

My daughter, Julie, bought a kit at the Cuddle Corner in Shipshewana in October and made this quilt for her soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Kendra. Se took her Serger with her to the retreat and that's how she sewed the strips together. It worked so well that I used that same idea to make Calise's.

I don't think I got a photo of the whole quilt, but you can see by these pics that it is just beautiful!

I quilted it with the new Flower Child panto, lite spearmint Omni thread and
Hobbs 80/20 batting.

Then she bought more minkee to make one for Tony, so they could each have one. His is browns and blacks, and very soft. Black Permacore thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting. Adding batting th these makes them quite heavy, but oh-so soft.
 Square Spiral panto on his.

No comments: