Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cobblestones and the Giraffe Label

I finished the quilting and stitched the binding on this week. I have it all packed up to work on hand stitching the binding in my spare time in North Carolina. I'm sure that Jeff and Dané will want some time to themselves and this will give me something to do.



The batting is Hobbs 80/20, the thread is Permacore eggshell, and the quilting design is Whirlygig by Jodi Beamish.

And the backing:



Here's the label for the pink giraffe quilt, using the flowers that I forgot to put on the front. I wasn't sure of the baby's middle name, so I filled it in at the shower after she opened it. She was thrilled!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilting on the first quilt. Great idea using the left over flower for the label on the Giraffe quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

carol said...

When are you coming to NC and where will you be? Have time for a get together?