Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Common Threads Auction

One of my guilds had an auction tonight and boy was there a lot of stuff there. I donated quite a bit when cleaning my sewing room and didn't plan on buying much. When this Bunny Hill Snowman Country kit went up, I couldn't resist. I paid $17.50 for it and looked it up online and it sold for $75, so I got quite a deal. I think there may be a few of the fat quarters missing, but at that price, who cares!



I left after about an hour and a half because I really wanted to make some progress on Barb's depression blocks quilt. I have finished the center and have the bottom border to do and then I will take it off, turn it and re-load it to do the side borders. It seems like this one has taken me a long time. I loaded it Sunday morning and would like it to be finished tomorrow evening.



My plan was to come home at lunch again today to get in some stitching time, but I really needed a haircut, so I did that and I'm feeling a bit behind. I have 3 quilts (2 are king size) that must be finished in the next 10 days, so Mabel will be one busy machine.

3 comments:

Susan said...

And you will be one busy lady.

Good deal on the kit at the auction.

I gave up on keeping the studio clean for prospective buyers. I just clear the center and keep on going. I kept it in perfect order the first year but it seemed to make no difference.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What a great SCORE at the auction..congrats. Keep that machine busy girl.

Pat

Gari in AL said...

I have that pattern but how nice to get the kit. But how are you going to find the time to make it up?