Saturday, September 14, 2013

Old Tippe Quilt Camp

Last week I spent Thursday thru Sunday at Camp Tecumseh for Old Tippecanoe's Quilt Camp. It was a wonderful time and I got quite a bit accomplished.

I worked on a Crib Skirt, Bumper Pads and a quilt for Robin's new granddaughter. Here's the quilt:


And the Bumper Pads:



Then I assembled a strip quilt that I started at the retreat in June in St. Louis. I have the strips all layed out on a flannel backed table cloth at the retreat and I just rolled it up to take it home. So, at this retreat, I just unrolled it and started sewing the strips together.



This Patchwork Chevron from Moda Bake Shop was next. I got all the blocks made and then realized in the instructions that it said, "The patchwork will not line up!" WHAT????  Have you ever seen that in the instructions. I figured that I could sew a 1" finished strip between the background blocks to make them line up. This picture doesn't do it justice. The fabrics are Little Black Dress by Moda and it's very pretty!




1 comment:

fiberobsession said...

Never heard of a pattern like that, though have worked with a few that were supposed to line up and didn't.