After helping Dottie with the construction of a couple bags this morning, I got out these signature strips. The fabric strips were taken to a baby shower for the guests to sign. I intended to make them petals in big daisy-like flowers. However, the signatures got too close to the edges to round them off to look like petals, so I just sewed them in chinese coin strips alternating with these cute brights. I found this background fabric in my stash and it seemed to go with it quite well, so I was finished putting it together in no time. Then I loaded it and used the popcorn panto(which was already on the table), white permacore thread, and warm and white batting. I just cut the strips for the binding, so the little baby girl this quilt is intended for can pretty much make her entrance into the world any day.
I finally laid out all my socks and then boxed up 18 sets to go to Mar for our exchange. This was a long project....starting in February. I love having some hand work to do in the evenings, whether it be binding or an applique project like this.