Monday, August 11, 2008

Stashbusting Report - 8/11/08

First of all....thanks to all who left me sympathetic messages regarding my migraine. I'm happy to report that it seems to be gone.

Fabric Added This Week - 21.75 yards (YIKES)
Fabric Added Year to Date - 71.375 yards

Fabric Used This Week - 3.625 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 258.25 yards

YEAR TO DATE TOTAL: 186.875

Can you believe that I bought that much fabric? Well, let me tell you why. Rossville Quilts was having an 8-8-08 sale in honor of Berninas NEW 8 Series and they were having hourly specials. We got there right around 6pm and the special that hour was: all clearance fabric for $.88/yard. I planned on looking for some fabrics to use in JudyL's Block of the Month and found a couple in the colors I wanted and it seemed a shame to only buy a yard of 88 cent quilt shop quality fabric. So, I bought what was left on the bolt of 6 different fabrics for a whopping $20.48. At least 3 of these will be backings. The pink and white stripe will be a backing for the next watermelon hearts quilt.



FYI: Rossville Quilts is having a back-to-school sale. Check it out!

Next week will be a big stashbusting week for me as I only have a couple Lost Socks to finish and then I can count the fabric for all 60 socks.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are rocking the stashbusting! Meanwhile I'm sitting here with a cart full of repro fabrics and jsut haven't pushed the button! LOL!

Mary Johnson said...

Even with your adding fabric this week, your fabric used is pretty impressive. I finally got one of my tops quilted today so at least I'll add a little to my total used.

janetsue2 said...

I am glad that you got a deal on fabric at Rossville. You are doing great on the stash busting.

julieQ said...

I am so glad your migraine is history! You sure used a lot of fabric, and I think we should all just enjoy it a bit and not worry too much about using all we have. After all, our kids need an inheritance.. :) Hehehe!