I forgot to include this wall hanging in the projects I worked on at the retreat. I used a charm pack and the applique is by machine, using the blind hem stitch, with a stitch length of .5 and width set to 4.
When I was stitching last night, I thought my machine sounded kind of funny, so I took off the plate and WOW, just look at that lint.
I uses Superior prewound bobbins and Connecting Threads Essentials thread on top. I know that essentials doesn't have lots of lint, so it must be those bobbins. I got really brave and took off the bottom plate also.
Yikes - it's a wonder it worked at all. It's all vacumed up and shiney now.
Back to Quilting....
I finished this quilt for Gwen tonight and really like the way it turned out. It's all freehand with Line dancing in the blocks, a curve, a loop and another curve in the sashing, CCs in the cornerstones and beadboard in the outer border. I have lots of threads to bury, which I'll do tomorrow evening.