Thursday, December 11, 2008

Angel Tree

The Salvation Army's Angel Tree program provides new clothing or toys for children of needy families. A sponsoring company or corporation places a Christmas tree in a secure, high-pedestrian traffic area or lobby. The tree is decorated with numbered paper angel tags with the first name, age and gender of a child who will receive the gift. Contributors remove one or more tags from the tree and purchase appropriate gifts for the child or children described on the tags.

The company I work for - the National Group - is participating in this program and I picked a 2 year old girl to buy for. Baby dolls and accessories were her wish list. I made a carrying basket with a matching mattress, pillow and quilt, and also a little blanket wrap with some scrap fleece. What fun I had making these items for this little girl. The basket is a variation of the Pink Penguin's Fabric Basket tutorial, and the quilt and pillow are variations of crazymomquilts doll bedding tutorial.



I purchased a couple outfits, socks, hat and gloves for her, and of course baby dolls!





I hope she has a Very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Cornfield Quilter said...

You will make one little girl very happy this Christmas! Our church does the same thing and hubby and I had alot of fun shopping for one boy and one girl. It is so much fun playing Santa's elf!

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, I'm sure she will be so excited to receive all of these cute babies and accessories!!

Christina said...

beautiful and sweet of you. Have a great Christmas.

Doodlebug Gail said...

What lovely gifts and I have absolutely no doubt that she'll love them all. Looks like you had fun!

Gail

Unknown said...

That little girl is going to be so happy. My daughter's class did this and we purchased gifts for a little boy. It is so much fun.
Teresa