Monday, December 29, 2008

Stashbusting report - 12/29/08

WOW, it's a good thing this year is almost over, because my resolve seems to be slipping.

I bought quite a bit of fabric this past weekend, at least for me anyway! I'm making a t-shirt quilt for a customer with breast cancer fabric in the sashing and borders. Of course, I don't have any of that in my stash, so I bought 4 yards of it at Joanns, along with contrasting bright pink. I have the outer borders cut and ready to sew on tonight.



On Saturday, I bought fabrics for upcoming Nickel Swaps, 2 of them for an online swap and 2 for the Common Threads swap. I will be buying a yard each month in 2009 for the CT one, but won't be using any of them until 2010, when we have a Nickel Workshop.



I also bought a kit for a throw at Joanns for $10, but when I got home I read that it is DRY CLEN ONLY, so that one is going back tonight. I got 6 fabric book kits for $2.48 each that I couldn't pass up. I'm not counting that, because I won't add anything to them when I make them and won't list them as stash used.



Fabric Added This Week - 9 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date - 128.875 yards

Fabric Used This Week - 6 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 440.75 yards

YEAR TO DATE NET TOTAL: 311.875

No comments: