Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Frogs and A Birthday!

I suddenly realized that I don't have a baby boy quilt for my soon-to-be grandchild. I have 2 baby girl quilts, but thought I better get busy.

Before Andrew was born my friend, Dottie, gave me this cute little kit from Joann's that has minkee, fleece and cotton fabrics, including some frog fabric. I assembled it for baby Andrew, but it never got quilted. It is one of my UFOs in the slide show over there>>

I found it on Thursday and loaded it while waiting for Kale and Lynn to come for his birthday dinner. I still had the Froggy pantograph on the table and how convenient is that?

I did a couple rows and then when they arrived, Lynn tried it and she did a wonderful job. She said she has pieced some blocks, but that is her quilting experience, so I'm very impressed. I can see some quilting time for the 2 of us if their repationship lasts.

We had a nice dinner, courtesy of Arni's, and they took his cake home with them because it got really late.


marilyn said...

even if the relationship didn't last, you could keep the new quilting friend!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, the quilt is so pretty-the frogs make it perfect! She is a keeper if she quilts!