Sunday, April 26, 2009

2 More UFOs Finished

I finished the binding on these two in the eveinings at Paducah. The first one is from leftover jelly roll strips and I quilted it using the Siberian Iris pantograph by Lorien Quilting. It's the first time I have used this one and I really like it. The thread is Mother Goose PermaCore and the batting is Hobbs 80/20. I don't really have a plan for this one, so for now it's just on the quilt rack.





This one is a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Bricks and Stepping-Stones. I started it last year and put it together at Ross camp a month or so ago. The quilting is Celtic Scroll by Keryn Emmerson, the thread is Mother Goose PermaCore and the batting is Hobbs 80/20. This one is a charity quilt going to Teens in Foster Care and I hope it brings comfort to someone that needs it.


8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Both quilts turned out great!

Mel said...

Ruthie,
I love the quilts, especially Bricks and Stepping Stones! I love when black is added to a top - it's something I need to do more often!

Deb Geyer said...

Both quilts are lovely! I especially like the colors on the first one.

Julia said...

I love both of these quilts! Did you have a pattern for the first one? The Bricks and Stepping Stones is one of my favorite scrap patterns!

Susan said...

Finishes are grand aren't they...

Kucki68 said...

I am sure any teen would be happy to receive this one!

3 kats and a kwiltr said...

Love both quilts but am partial to the second one. Love that pattern! and the colors are great.
My question is how did you have any energy left at the end of the day to work on anything? Did you stay in town? Maybe that's the secret...
Anyway, nice job on both.
Anna in IL

Jessica said...

Love these...do you have a pattern for the top one? I can't figure out how it goes together???