Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Andrew's 2nd Birthday Quilt

I got the first side of the binding sewn on last night and will certainly have the hand sewing finished by his party on Sunday. Notice, I said Sunday....for several weeks now I have been thinking his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese was going to be on Saturday. Thank heavens I talked to Julie last night and she confirmed what Jason and Kathy told me about the day of the party.



The panels of this quilt are from a fabric book kit I purchased from Joann's right after Christmas. they were on clearance for $4.97 and it was during one of those special sales where all the clearance is an additional 50% off. I think I bought 5 different ones at that time. I'm not sure I will use all of them this way, but I love how it turned out.



Since it was a book, one of the panels says, "This book belongs to:"
I appliqued a matching piece of fabric over the work book and wrote "Quilt" on it. Not perfect, but at least it doesn't say book anymore.

Julie said last night that he can climb out of his bed now, so it won't be long before he is sleeping in the twin bed in his room.

the pantograph is Square Spiral by Keryn Emmerson, the batting is Hobbs 80/20 and the thread is good old PermaCore White.

I hope he cuddles with it for many years.

No comments: