Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back From Paducah

I'm home from Paducah and have had a lazy day today. I had a scratchy throat all the while I was gone and today it has turned into a real doozy of a cold.

I've had a great time going through my purchases and almost got the energy to start something new, but not quite. Here's a little peek at the fabric that will show up on my stash report, along with some new books and other treasures.


We spent a day at the convention center and part of a day downtown, where I shared lunch with a group of Dear Janer's. Then it was off to the Rotary Club and then to Eleanor Burns at the fairgrounds for shopping and her show.

It was a great trip and I enjoyed spending time with JudyL, Elaine, Becky, JoNell and Billy. Our cabin worked out perfectly and we sure did have enough food for another dozen people.

I did leave a bit earlier than I expected because my daughter was admitted to the hospital and had gall bladder surgery yesterday. I arrived at the hospital just in time to see her in between a CT Scan and surgery. She spent the night at the hospital and had another CT Scan today before going home this afternoon. I hope she is able to get some rest and that she'll call if she needs anything. Love you Julie!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. DH has a bug too which he caught before we went to KY but came home feeling much worse. It sure was fun spending the evening with all of you and thanks for hosting us. The time sure did go quickly.

Vicky said...

Sorry you're sick, Ruthie. What a time to get a sore throat! But it looks like you did good on the shopping front! I really like that Eleanor Burns black/white quilt pattern. Will have to look for that one. Welcome home!

Marilyn Smith said...

Ruthie - sorry to hear you are under the weather! That is some nice haul! I gifted my Secret Elf with that Moda Friendship charm pack (and some matching fabric) this past Xmas. Thought it was adorable.

Glad you had such a good time in Paducah.

Marilyn (IQuiltToo)

Love your blog.