Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whew, she's all fixed!

Well Mabel is back in business. All she needed was a new single stitch button. Many thanks to Jane's husband, Duane for talking me through the diagnostics stuff. Thank goodness I had some extra buttons here in a little parts kit that came with my machine.

I finished Rosemary's flying geese quilt last night before I started sorting coupons. I'll ge a better photo of it today, but here is a peek. Mother Goose Permacore thread, Hobbs 80/20 batting and Jacobean panto by Keryn Emmerson. Thisphoto is really washed out and doesn't show the beautiful colors at all.



Now, about those coupons....did you know that K-mart is having another double coupon event. I'm going to try to get there early so that the shelves for this weeks sale items are not empty like they were the last time. I really enjoy getting a great deal using coupons at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Meijer, and Kroger, but when I go to buy something the second day of a sale and the shelves are EMPTY, it irritates me. OK, I'm off my soapbox and heading out to shop, then quilt, then the birthday party at Chuck E Cheese!

4 comments:

Diana said...

The quilt is beautiful! I'm glad your machine is fixed too. I know how awful that feeling is!
Good day!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got Mabel fixed!!
And not just because my top was on it!!

And I love the quilting!!

Susan said...

What a relief to have your friend fixed and home again.........

bopeep said...

I am glad Mabel is fixed... it is soooo upsetting then they are not feeling right...and they can't tell us what is wrong. The quilt is beautiful.
Prayers, Bo